Olive Oil Lemon Cake
OLIVE OIL LEMON CAKE
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup chickpea flour
1 cup plant-based milk
1 tbsp Saffi apple cider vinegar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Saffi olive oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C).
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients for the cake, mix them well and then add wet ingredients one by one, stirring in between. Stir until you have a smooth mix.
3. Grease a baking pan with a bit of olive oil. I used a 9” round baking pan.
4. Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes (until a toothpick can come out clean).
5. Let the cake cool and enjoy!
Optional toppings: powdered sugar, strawberries and slices of lemon.
Recipe by Carolina Ordonez at @VeggiElation