Naturally Sweetened Strawberry Mint Shrub
NATURALLY SWEETENED STRAWBERRY MINT SHRUB
1 cup Saffi Saana White Balsamic Vinegar
1 lb fresh strawberries
½ cup fresh mint + more for garnish
1 cup honey
1. Wash and cut strawberries in half
2. Add to a medium sized pot with vinegar and honey and bring to a simmer.
3. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until strawberries are start to soften and turn a darker shade of red
4. Mash strawberries slightly with the back of a wooden spoon. A potato masher also works really well for this step
5. Set aside until cool enough to handle, and transfer to a heat proof jar. Add fresh mint, and stir to make sure it is completely submerged. Let cool completely on the counter and then move to the refrigerator
6. Let sit in the refrigerator for about 10-12 hours or overnight before straining through a fine mesh strainer.
Recipe by @nyssas_kitchen